The IELTS exam is the most widely used English test in the world. It is used as an admission test for schools, colleges and universities as well as a screening test for job applications and immigration. It comprises of Four papers: Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing. This article will focus on Part 2 of the Academic Writing Paper.
The ability to write effectively in English is essential for success in your studies and the academic writing paper includes activities similar to those you will use in your studies at boarding school or university: Analyzing & Reporting data and Essay Writing. The IELTS Writing Paper lasts one hour and is split into two parts: Part 1 – Describing Graphical Data and Part 2 – Argumentative Essay Writing.
Writing Paper Part II Tips
- Read the question carefully before you start. There are frequently two parts: a general, background statement and a more specific topic question based around that. Ensure that you answer the question and don’t just write about the background issue.
- Manage your time: You should spend 40 minutes on this task and only 20 minutes for Paper I.
- Spend 3 or 4 minutes to plan your answer before you start to write.
- Do not copy the question word for word. If you do so then the words will not count and you may be penalized (see next point).
- Write at least 250 words. You will be penalized for essays that are less than this so check the word count carefully. Do not write more than 280, however, or again you will be penalized.
- Use a range of vocabulary and do not repeat words. Use synonyms instead
- Choose formal words rather than simple ones: For instance use purchase instead of buy.
- Organize your work properly with correct paragraphs: An introduction (40-50 words) followed by two or three body paragraphs (160-170 words) and a clear conclusion (about 40 words).
- Use a range of grammatical and sentence structures and include a couple of complex sentence structures to show the examiner your understanding of English.
- Write cohesively: Link sentences and paragraphs so that the meaning follows on. However, do not use too many conjunctions so that your writing becomes repetitive.
- Proofread your writing at the end, You should allow 5 minutes for this.
The best way to prepare for your IELTS Exam Writing Paper is by taking an IELTS preparation course with an expert IELTS tutor. In this way you can get guidance and help in order for you to improve your writing skills quickly and get the test score that you need.
Now there is a new technology that allows you to trade stuff online without the exchange of money. Did you ever wonder if you can go online and trade that old video game that you never use for something that you can put to good use, for free?
Imagine being able to trade those shoes that you never wore, that shirt that you received as a gift but did not really like. Now you can trade anything for anything else of interest, with no money involved. That's something new to me!
There are multiple websites where you can trade stuff online, but mostly it is money based and in order to get stuff, you have to pay. Little by little, there are websites popping up that will allow you to trade one item for another without the exchange of money. Each person would have to arrange their own shipping.
You ever hear of oneredpaperclip.com? It is a story where a guy started with one red paperclip and by trading it for something better, like a pen, he was able to trade the pen for something even better. Then he kept trading things for better stuff until he reached a point where he was trading pretty valuable stuff. For Free! Soon he's on his way to trading it for a house. He stated that that is his goal.
You do not have to reach for that same goal to benefit. You can simply find that certain stuff that you're looking for. Let's see, I can think of many things lying around my house that I would love to trade for other items, especially if it's free.
I would also love to hear what stuff you have to trade with me. It's like having two garage sales but instead of money, one person trades stuff from their garage sale for stuff from the other person's garage sale. I think that both people will be happy with their trade.
Being able to trade stuff for no money is very powerful. Although you may not want certain stuff. Someone out there would love to have it. And they may have something that you want in exchange.
Imagine if you can trade what you do not want for something you do want. The possibilities are endless. Anytime you have stuff you do not want, simply trade it. That would make the economy better if you ask me. Unwanted stuff will become "money" in a sense because it can be used to trade for other wanted stuff.
The leasing of a shopping mall is a specific strategy relative to the location, the property type, the customer demographic, and the landlord. All factors come together to contribute towards a successful leasing outcome and tenancy mix.
It should be said that a successful leasing strategy will contribute towards the greater the benefit of the property. More customers will be encouraged to visit the property and purchase goods or services. On that basis retail leasing is quite special.
Here are some tips to help you with leasing a retail mall in today’s property market:
- Understand the vacancy factors that apply to the precinct or location. An excessive number of vacant tenancies will have an impact on market rentals and incentives. Check out the factors of supply and demand that apply within the region. Look for any new property developments that could have an impact on tenant movement and market rentals.
- Understand the types of incentives that can be offered by the landlord to attract tenants. Also understand the requirements of tenants when it comes to incentives in today’s market. Any vacancy that you have available for lease needs to be matched to the prevailing market conditions. That will include the rental types, and the incentives offered. The landlord needs to adjust to the prevailing market conditions. Get some details of comparable rentals and other properties nearby to help the landlord understand the packaging of their vacant tenancy.
- It should be said that a lease incentive cost should be recovered through the rental structure over the lease term. In other words, any money that is lost or offset in the incentive availability should be recovered by rental growth and escalation across the lease term. You can do this calculation through an assumption of market rentals and a discount cash flow calculation. The net present value of the deal can be compared across the duration of the lease.
- Successful leasing executives usually have a substantial database of retail tenants to contact. Any new leasing opportunity can be offered through the database to targeted tenants, anchor tenants, retail specialists, franchise groups, and other industry professionals. Any vacancy can be directly marketed to these groups through cold calling, direct contact, e-mail marketing, and direct mail.
- It is acceptable and normal to market a vacant tenancy through the generic media. That will involve newspaper advertising, and Internet listing. There are costs associated with that marketing activity and the landlord should contribute towards those costs.
- Most successful leasing transactions occur through the involvement of the leasing executive and direct marketing to the right people. I go back to the point that the database for each broker or agent is quite important to converting more commissions and listings.
It should be noted that any quality property in a good location will create good inbound enquiries. If you are selective with your property appointments and vacant tenancies, you will create more churn and activity in property leasing.
Toufee is an online flash movie maker application that can get you to create flash movies and multimedia presentations in a matter of minutes! With Toufee, you no longer need to know Adobe Flash or have programming skills to produce Flash animations.
Toufee has an easy-to-use interface that requires little learning and powerful features that enable you to create professional looking flash presentations, flash banners, e-cards, Website intros and flash-based advertisements in no time. Images, audio and video can be added to Toufee flash presentations. Toufee comes with loads of pre-built special effects that can be applied to text, images and video. Toufee has a feature-rich interface with easy drag-and-click options, fast navigation and highly responsive options. Toufee gives you the best of both worlds – you can upload photos, audio or video from your PC or quickly grab your favorite images from Flickr and videos from sites like YouTube, Google Videos. The program also supports a built-in text-to-speech engine with six human voices with which one can add a personal touch to the flash animations.
Toufee has excellent sharing and collaborative features – Toufee users can rate movies created by fellow members or add their comments to a movie. Movies created with Toufee can be easily posted onto your personal websites. A powerful feature of Toufee is that it allows users to directly upload their movies to social networking sites like MySpace, Hi5, Friendster, Blogger, Xanga, LiveJournal and to sites like eBay.
Toufee has been gaining popularity amongst the internet community – a number of Toufee users have been using Toufee as a marketing tool to design ad campaign for their products and to develop engaging product presentations. Toufee is also used to create personalized greeting cards, business presentations and website animations!
To top it all, Toufee comes completely free! There is nothing to download neither does Toufee require you to install any software.
Toufee is fun to use…discover the power of flash now!